Cruise Line History – Traveling in Style aboard the AMERICAN PRESIDENT LINES
The second President Hoover was built in 1939 as the Panama for the Panama Lines service from New York, via Haiti, carrying 216 first class passengers and cargo. She was sold to American President Lines in 1957, renamed the President Hoover, and put into service on a Pacific circuit to the Far East from San Francisco. In 1962 the larger President Roosevelt replaced her. For more information on APL please visit their American President Lines website. Our thanks to APL.