- History of the Cunard Line… 175 years crossing the pond…
- Before the flights between New York and Europe were a mere formality, the only way to reach America was aboard a glamorous luxury liner.
Dress-codes were enforced day and night – no shorts and tank tops.
History of the Cunard Line… great video…
- Champagne was available at any hour. Hollywood divas found themselves in open sea for epic journeys.
- This year the great Cunard Line celebrates 175 years of Transatlantic history.
- Following a summer of celebrations marking its 175th anniversary, Cunard has released a set of nostalgic snapshots from the line’s image archive that capture the grandeur and glamour it is still famous for today.
- The collection of stunning photographs – taken during the 20th century – show the opulence of Cunard’s first class lounges, dining rooms and promenades as well as some of the famous guests to have graced its decks, including singer Bing Crosby, legendary actress Dame Elizabeth Taylor, ‘the King of Hollywood’ himself, Clark Gable, screen beauty Rita Hayworth and Nelson Mandela.