- CRUISING THE PAST offers a search of all content on the website dating back to 2008.
- All content, including photos, are under copyright.
- For information about ordering photo reproductions and research, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REFINING YOUR SEARCHES
- Use quotation marks to look for a phrase, name or concept.
- For example, if you enter: “Cunard Line” our system will search for the exact name “Cunard Line.”
- The same would be true if you enter: SS Lurline, liner, cruise ship, first class, passenger lists, liners, steamships, hotels, RMS Queen Mary, SS France, RMS Titanic, Panama Limited, gambling ships, mid-century, etc.
- The website contains over 1300 stories, with 40,000 images along with videos, charts, and tables.
And / Not
- Use the words and and not to refine your search.
- For example, if you’re looking for articles about the Pullman Company and the Santa Fe Railroad:
- Pullman and Santa Fe will retrieve articles containing the word Pullman and Santa Fe; just entering “Pullman” would retrieve articles about the Pullman Company, Pullman trains, etc.